Now I don't know how well you did on the test above but I'm guessing you didnt get 10 correct and if you did (firstly well done) but do you think you could do the same if I gave you 20 words? This system is suprisingly simple and once you know the basics you can then re-apply it to memorise huge lists of stuff in order.
So heres what you need to do, remember when I explained to you that the more visual and exagerated the more likely you are to remember it? well you need to apply that knowledge to what I'm about to ask you to do: I want you to write out the list of numbers from 1 to 10 and then give each number a picture-but the picture must be something that is a similar shape to the number so that when you look at it you will associate the two together. For example number 3 could be someones behind, a heart of even waves..watever works for you. Below is my list if you want some help but don't simply copy mine it has to personal to you.
1-paintbrush 6-elephant
2-swan 7-boomarang
3-bum 8-snowman
4-boat 9-ballon
5-hook 10-cyclopse
Once you have written them down and you have definate,clear,detailed images for each one in your head, you should write down the numbers again and draw images of your chosen words next to each one individually.Use colours if it helps. Once you have done that run through 1 to 10 mentally and see if you can remember your images-try it with your eyes shut and really experiance your images, see them playin on the backs of your eyelids, taste them, smell them e.c.t Once you get good at this try picking a number at random and seeing whether the image springs to mind-praxctice till you can-you are now ready to use this technique!
Putting it to use: If someone gives you a list of 10 things to memorise all you have to do is use your image with the thing you have to memorise-for example if I wanted to memorise: 7-car then I would picture a boomarang (because that is my associated image for the number 7) zooming in to my dads car window and shattering it. This is very clear because it is visual and makes me feel guilty so it is memorable. So no matter what order they asked me the list in I would know that 7 was car.
Try the list above again useing your new found skills and see how you do, alternatively make up your own list, test yourself or impress your friends or use it to remember some important facts or within revision.
Sunday, 28 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment